Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Czech Republic 2012

Dobrý den! I am excited to share the news about what God is doing in my life this summer:

I will be in the Czech Republic on an extended 60-day mission trip from mid-June until August. While there, I will be teaching English in both one-on-one English lessons for women and youth camps. While teaching, my goal is to build relationships with the Czech people and share the good news of Jesus Christ with them. The Czech Republic is the most atheistic country in the world, but we have seen significant openness in the hearts of the Czech teens...of which I will be getting to know!

I'm asking for you to support me spiritually through prayer and encouragement. I recognize that “our struggle is not against flesh and blood...but against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 6:12). For this trip to be successful, I need all of the prayer support that I can get!

Prayer List:

  • That God will prepare me spiritually and emotionally in the time leading up to this trip
  • That the hearts of the Czech people will be open to the gospel
  • Against spiritual warfare that will seek to discourage me
  • For travel safety and physical health
  • That God will provide encouragement and friendship for me while I am there
  • That others will feel a calling to the Czech people -- the harvest is many, but the workers are few (Luke 10:2)

 

Financial need: $0 -- how can this be??


God has completely provided the finances I need to go on my trip this summer! Yes: $3,200!! Largely through one generous donor, I am now fully funded... two months in advance!

If anyone still feels inclined to send some financial support, there are five other people from my church (including both of my parents) that will be joining me for two weeks in August. They each need to raise about $1,900 throughout the next few months. Any funds sent to me from now on (because God has already provided everything I need!), I will be putting towards the rest of my team as they also follow God into the Czech Republic this summer.


Interested in supporting the team financially?

For a tax write-off, make all checks payable to Mosaic Church, and send them to:

Leslie Goyer
14524 Cantrell Rd Suite 140
Little Rock, AR 72223


 

If you would like to contact me or receive updates, email me at:
leslie@thegoyers.com.


Me with several of the Czech friends I made during last summer's trip

No comments:

Post a Comment