Monday, April 11, 2011

Miluju tě

Czech to English translation: I love you.

     The Czech Republic is one of my favorite places in the whole wide world. I've been there twice before on mission trips, teaching English at a family camp and building relationships with the awesome people that I met! It was an incredible experience to work alongside other Americans on my team, long-term missionaries, and the local church from Vysoke Myto. As well as those trips, this last October I spent one month back in the Czech Republic, spending time in Prague and Vysoke Myto, visiting not only good friends and brothers/sisters in Christ, but also my European sister, Andy! You see, during my Junior year of high school, my family hosted a Czech foreign exchange student. She is my very best friend, and God has blessed my life immensely through knowing her!

     Warning: be careful when asking me any questions about the Czech Republic, because I could talk your ear off for many hours. It's hard to explain, but there's this passion in me that has a heart for the Czech Republic. I can picture it now... the cobblestone streets, ancient buildings, cathedrals, metros, trams... the culture, the language, the food (kofola, schnitzel and fried cheese with tartar sauce!).... the people. Some of the people dearest to my heart live in the Czech Republic; Michal, Zuzka, Andy, Bondy, Tatiana... I would give my life for these people.

     However... my heart also breaks when I think of the Czech Republic. The darkness and hopelessness of the country. The Czech Republic is one of the most atheistic countries in the world, and it's such a heavy feeling to realize that nearly every person I come in contact with does not know the love and grace of Jesus Christ. These faces in my mind, these people in my heart... so many live their days without the hope that I have.


"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)


     I know that God has called me to the Czech Republic. This passion, this love... I know it's not coincidental. I can't wait until July 8th, when I will hop into a plane and fly acrossed the ocean to the country that I love!
Miluju Českou Republiku!

Translation: I love the Czech Republic! (Thank-you to my good friend, Michal, for helping me with the grammar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment